3/07/2020

The day I stopped time

I think the majority of us wish that we could stop time. Like walking in the woods and wishing that moment would last forever so you can soak in the sun, the sounds of the animals, the peace and quiet being away from people. Sitting on a beach watching the sun set or rise. Wouldn't it be nice if you could just pause that moment in time just to take it all in? Not too long ago I did manage to stop time for a little bit. This is that story.

It was September 11th, 2018. Heather and I went on a little getaway to Door County. We had an amazing time in Door County. That morning we were sitting outside on the balcony in our hotel room. It was very peaceful. No people around. Just sitting there sipping coffee taking everything in. Heather decided to go inside for a moment to do something. I continued to sit out there.

I glanced at the clock and the time on the clock was 7:38am. I said to myself that I wish that this moment would last longer. We had a busy day ahead of us but I just wanted a bit more time to take it all in before we left for the door. So I continue to sit outside just looking around. I glance at the clock again and it stays at 7:38. I didn't really think anything at first but as I continued to sit there the clock stayed at 7:38. To me it seemed like I was sitting there for quite a long time but this clock stayed at 7:38. Finally instead of sitting out there enjoying it like I probably should of been I decided to come inside for a second. As soon as I left the balcony the clock switched to 7:39.

Did I manifest a time stoppage? Funny thing is prior to that day I had this thought in my head that something amazing was going to happen that day and something amazing did happen that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment