Uneventful New Years here. I am fine with it. Although there is one tradition I miss. When I was a teenager every single year on this day we went moonlight bowling. It was a fun tradition. I remember when 1999 began I started that year off with a strike. I thought hey this means this year is going to be great. 2 days later when I was suppose to be moving to Florida a 15 inch snowstorm struck and we had to change plans. Ended up taking a 48 hour train trip from hell to get from Wisconsin to Florida. Come to think of it the 2 times I moved from Wisconsin to Florida ended up being rough. First time was the snowstorm and then the second time around our car broke down in Georgia costing us our entire savings. I think someone was trying to tell me not to move to Florida. Sorry I got a bit off track there. It is uneventful here. I am sitting in the kitchen on the laptop writing this blog while my father is watching some war history thing on tv. We had a nice dinner tonight though. Made my first ever ham, it turned out good. We had some shrimp, polish sausage, cut up sausage and cheese. Yes a lot of food for 2 people but hey we have food to eat for the week now. I'll probably play some WoW and then watch the ball drop and probably head to bed. I sure do miss the moonlight bowling on New Years though. Maybe next year?
I don't want to make this a terribly long blog so I am going to just add a few more things. I do have a New Year's resolution. People don't believe in making them cause they will never stick to them anyways. Well I am pretty sure the one I made last year I stuck with it through the whole year and made it come true. I am pretty sure my resolution last year was to constantly tell myself that it was going to be a good year and for all intents and purposes it was a fairly decent year. So my resolution for the upcoming year is a simple three words. "To be better". What do I mean by that? It is simple really. It is me basically saying that anything I am going to try to do I can try to be better whether it is playing guitar better or being a better person or whatever. It is totally doable. It just really is me wanting to be better. Simple resolution enough I believe.
So I want to end this blog with me making some predictions for the upcoming year. This is going to be totally random and some stuff that I think of off the top of my head. A year from now lets see how many of these actually come true. Enjoy.
- Packers will play the Seahawks in the NFC Championship game
- Packers beat the Broncos in the Super Bowl
- Metallica will play at Summerfest
- I will find a decent job
- I will finish "The Nick Project"
- I will continue to get better at guitar
- I will either join or start a band
- I will get down to "my ideal" weight. I believe that is about another 30-40 pounds
- There will be more doomsday predictions. Oh yeah Dec 21st 2012 never did happen. Yay us!
- I will meet someone. Ok I don't mean that in I will meet friends but I will meet someone and be in a relationship.
- I will make some new friends
- A year from now I expect my life will be totally different but different in a good way
I actually thought of more earlier when I was thinking up this blog but I forgot them. Anyways Happy New Year everyone. Be safe!