5/04/2017

38

Happy birthday to me! At least this year I'm only a week late with writing my birthday blog. Last year I didn't write my birthday blog until August so I guess technically I'm early? Anyway so here is my birthday blog. Once again happy birthday to me!

My birthday this year was pretty good. We had a family get together on the Saturday before my birthday. Ordered 2 huge pizzas and had a lot of other good food including a cake which was totally devoured. Btw my family singing happy birthday is pretty terrible. Funny but terrible. Anyway it was a decent enough night to sit outside by the fire pit and had a night of fire therapy, that made me happy.

On my birthday I hung out and caught up with an old friend/classmate of mine in the morning. We went down to the lake and took a walk. Was nice catching up with her. I hadn't seen her in 23 years or something? The weather that day was pretty great by the time. I then spent most of the day hanging out with my best friend Andrew. Went out for lunch and just hung out afterward watching tv. Of course on Facebook I had tons of birthday love from a bunch of people. Was nice.

The following day, which I won't get into full details about right now, I decided to actually go away after I got done with my route at work. I drove up to Door County, Wisconsin. First time I ever went up there by myself. I think the first time I actually stayed in Door County in like 10 years. That trip is a story for another time. Hopefully soon.

So my 37th year of life. Interesting to say the least. Made some new great friends. Reconnected with old friends. Stabbed in the back by a few people. I fell in and out of love with somebody who turned out to be a catfish. Eh live and learn right? My best friend moved here to Wisconsin. I also found a job and I was accepted into MATC for their Culinary Arts program. Overall the good outweighs the bad. I'm fine with the people who have come and gone from my life. If they were meant to be in my life then they would still be here, right? I think one of the most important things I learned in my 37th year of life was that I need to trust my instincts more. I have a pretty good sense of how people are and how life works in general, I just need to build on it.

I look forward to my 38th year of life. Almost depressing that I'll be hitting the big 40 soon but no time to think about that. I have a good feeling in general about where my life is heading and just overall in general I do believe great things are going to happen. I'm sure I'll hit some bumps along the way but isn't that how life works anyway? I'll be starting college in August, unless something drastic happens to change that but I don't foresee that happening. I'm excited and a bit nervous about that new adventure in my life. I'm sure I'll do great though. Who knows what else will happen this year? New romance maybe? Anything is possible. Its going to happen at some point and it wouldn't shock me if it happens sooner than later. Guess we'll find out. Until then though I'm going to keep on doing what I'm doing. Enjoying life as much as I can and keeping the positive attitude.

Hope everyone is doing great and once again a big thank you to everyone for the birthday wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment