1/01/2017

Exit 2016 Enter 2017

Welcome to 2017. Hope 2017 is a better year. 2016 was a good year though. I hear and read about how 2016 was just a terrible year in general for a lot of people. It was a terrible year if you were a celebrity, thats for sure. For me though from my point of view 2016 was a really good year. Then again I always try to look at the positives instead of the negatives. Here is my review of 2016.

I was catfished and stabbed in the back by a few people. This in particular was the worst part of the entire year for me. I've gone over how it effected me so I'll spare everybody that bullshit again. Whats done is done. In the grand scheme of things I had to go through that situation to get to some good in my life. I could explain it until I am blue in the face to some people why I stuck with that entire situation even if I had my doubts and questions. I'm not going to explain it again. That whole situation is something that I had to go through. Nobody needs to understand it except for me and I fully understand it.

I fell in and out of love in 2016. Well of course I did. I was catfished! I loved somebody who wasn't real. I have no fucking idea what was actually true that she had told me. I'm healing though and to be perfectly honest I do have high hopes for 2017. A year from now things will be totally different, again.

The whole ordeal with MATC. I admit some failure with not being able to start college this month but they really do have their heads up their asses at MATC. I should be starting college in a few weeks but I'm going to have to wait. Its alright. I guess it is better to start during August instead of January. Much warmer. I highly doubt I'd have to deal with driving in the ice and snow in August. Who knows though, stranger shit has happened. I will go to college. I will get my associate's degree in culinary arts. Book it. 

My best friend moved to Wisconsin. When Andrew and I reconnected back in August of 2015 it didn't take long for me to start to tell him that he should move out here. He was very unhappy and depressed. It finally happened back in November. It is great to have him around and to see him on a daily basis. I've always thought of him as a brother. I'd like to think his life is better since he moved here. He does have a decent job and a girlfriend that seems to generally care about him and love him. I'd like to think I played a big role in the turnaround in his life.

I've really got into meditation in the past year. I started listening to meditation videos back in 2014. In 2016 I really started listening to it a lot and discovering more about myself. I'm what people would call a clairvoyant. I'm still discovering what that means. No it doesn't mean I am mental. I know the term probably sounds funny to most people. I'm unique, I mean thats how I can sum it up. I just have a tendency to read things the wrong way still. Anyway I try to meditate at least an hour a day. Yeah I tend to do other things while listening to these videos but I generally focus on what I am listening to.

The biggest thing in 2016 was of course getting my GED. I really made it look so easy too. I studied and took all 4 tests in less than a month. I was hearing and reading stories on how some people after a year still weren't able to pass the tests. I'm really proud of myself that I went and finally got that done. I said it was going to be the changing point in my life. It already has changed my life in positive ways. One thing I have to note is that if I ever find myself feeling down or doubting the things that I do I go look at that certificate and think to myself that whatever it is that I put my heart into I can do it. The only limitations I have are the ones that I set for myself.

I start 2017 with a new job too. I'm excited about that. i haven't started the job yet, I am waiting for them to contact me about my first day but it should be very soon. Yes it is only a part time job at the moment but it is just the beginning. 

2017 looks promising. Even if things should happen and it knocks me down a peg I'll get back up and do the best that I can. It should be a fun year filled with many new memories, friends, and possibly even love. If I had to make a new years resolution it would simply be this. I want to be a better version of myself. I already know that I'm a good person. I'm kind, caring, loving, etc. I want to be better at it.

Happy new year to you all. I wish everybody the best of luck in 2017. Whatever life throws at you don't let it get you down. It's ok to stumble but get back up and keep fighting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment