1/07/2016

Hello 2016

We are seven days into a new year and I have not blogged yet. What the hell Nick? Why have you not blogged? What the fuck is wrong with you? RELAX people, here I am now.

So its 2016 now and we are off to an interesting start. First lets talk about the bird bath situation. I have a very popular bird bath on the front porch. I've seen up to a dozen birds in there at once. They all go in there and flap around, it is very cute. Since we live in Wisconsin it is not really ideal to have bird baths outside during the winter. I insist though cause bird lives matter. So when it would get cold out and the water freezes I would put a pot of hot water on the stove and boil it. This method does work, somewhat. Not practical to keep doing.

We got this de-icer thing for the bird bath. I didn't install it until about a week ago. It wasn't really that cold yet. So I installed it and the first few days were wonderful. Then on Sunday I unplugged it for a few minutes so the cord could be used for my brother to check the air pressure on the Vibe. Well after that it stopped working. I did not find this out until the next morning though.

So the next morning I find out that the de-icer is now dead cause the bird bath is totally frozen over. I screw around with it for awhile, attempt to reset it, etc. Not a damn thing. I even tested it out a few hours later by placing it in the freezer for 15 minutes. If it was still functional it would turn on in the freezer and feel a little bit warm. It was cold. Course we couldn't return it so I figured the next best thing would be to buy a heated bird bath.

I go to Farm & Fleet and of course the shelves are completely empty of bird baths. Son of a bitch! My next stop was going to Menards. I did find one there and brought it home. So I set it all up and go to plug it in the next morning and the cord that I was using was too short. Ugh, seriously? So I go back to Farm & Fleet and buy a cord to use. Course I can't tell if the bath is functioning properly cause we have been above freezing. Go figure.

Back in May I had applied for this job that I felt would be perfect for me. It is this dog and cat pet care place. Basically taking care of animals while the owners are away. Anyways I never heard back from the place. Turns out I actually did. My email was a mess. Lots of spam, junk, etc. I decided to clean it out and I discovered that shortly after I put in my app that they had emailed me asking me if I could come in for an interview. FML. Maybe there is still hope with this one. I'll explain that I am a retard and ask if they are still hiring. Do they really want a retard like me though? If they need the help then sure.

Typically I'd review what I thought of 2015 and where I am heading into 2016. I'll make this short. 2015 was a good year. A lot went on and in general I like the direction of where my life is heading and that will carry over into 2016. 2016 is going to be a great year and I will accomplish a lot of things that I would like to get done. No I won't mention those things, I like to keep people guessing. Who knows maybe I will even find love this year? If not I am sure they sell blowup dolls for cheap.

Thats all for now, hope everybody has had a good start to the new year. If you haven't well there is still plenty of time to turn that frown upside down. Wow Nick, where in the fuck did that come from?

No comments:

Post a Comment