4/20/2015

The ocean and the hurricane

Hello, yes I am writing again. I'm feeling the urge to write. Listening to Tibetan bowl is influencing me to want to write more blogs and since I have interesting dreams I figured that would be a good topic for this blog. I stopped blogging about my dreams for awhile and I not entirely sure why because my dreams are interesting and sometimes entertaining. So here is a recent one.

I'm on some sort of vacation off of the coast of Florida. I don't think I am on a ship but I think it is a small island with this huge deck/patio. The room I am in is a wooden dining area. Very spacious and it looks like there is a buffet type of setup for the food. Looking out the windows on the deck you see the ocean. The ocean is clear and beautiful. You can see right down to the bottom. Gentle breeze so there are no waves crashing. Some of my family is there with me. My brother and his family, my father, and my aunt and her husband.

A weather report comes in and there is a hurricane nearby but it is not in our immediate area. It is moving to the east and should not hit us. I am skeptical of the weather report though cause those people can never get it right.

Some time passes and the breeze begins to pick up. Waves start to get a bit higher. Clouds start filling the sky. The sky grows darker. I thought they said we weren't going to get the storm where we were at? We'll be fine though, if anything it will just clip us.

Clouds grow darker. You can hear the thunder as the storm grows closer. Suddenly a wall of clouds make their way towards the deck. This is a scary sight. It reminds me of how it looks when a dust storm comes in. The sky turns black as these clouds rush in. I avoid looking out the windows because I am scared at the site of this wall of clouds that has closed in on us. It starts to rain and get very windy.

The storm passes by quickly. Looks as if we were just clipped by storm. Nothing seems to be damaged either. I'm amazed that there is no damage and no one has been hurt. Had the storm stayed around a bit longer then what it did there certainly would of been some damage. The sky begins to clear up and it is right back to where we started. A perfect sunny day on the dock overlooking the beautiful ocean.

It was a short dream. I woke up after the dream too cause I could actually feel how afraid I was of the wall of clouds. Of course I had to come to my computer and look up what it may of meant.

To see an ocean in your dream represents the state of your emotions and feelings. It is indicative of spiritual refreshment, tranquility and renewal. Alternatively, the dream means that you are feeling empowered and unhindered.  You have a positive outlook in life and are not limited by anything. If you are sailing across the ocean, then it signifies new found freedom and independence. You are showing great courage. If the ocean is rough, then the dream represents some emotional turmoil. You are doing your best to handle life's ups and downs.

To see a hurricane in your dream indicates sudden unexpected changes occurring in your life. You may be experiencing some destructive and powerful emotions.

Without really even needing to look up the dream I knew what the meaning really was. Not the first time that I've had dreams about storms like that. Basically any type of storm dream to me always meant that something unexpected might happen in your life that spins it off course but it doesn't mean that it is permanent. We all get off track a bit by unexpected change. It is just natural for it to happen. That is basically what the dream was about. My mood and attitude has changed a lot recently and I am on the right path but occasionally something may happen to test me but even when I am tested I can always find my way back to the path I was taking.

I love that a lot of my dreams seem to be meaningful.

No comments:

Post a Comment