7/07/2014

Thanks for the Memories

The day after Motley Crue, despite the fact that I was already tired and sore from the previous night, we were going back to Summerfest to see the lineup of New Politics, Paramore, and Fall Out Boy. I'm not a huge fan of any of those bands but I heard enough of Fall Out Boy's music to justify to myself that I wanted to go to this show. I'm glad that I did, despite the after effects of the night before and me feeling like crap most of the night Saturday. Who would of thought eating a burrito and some lasagna would of been a bad idea before going down to Summerfest? Ok well I knew it was a bad idea but how could I pass up good food? Anyways, lets talk about the show.

Nothing really exciting happened prior to the show starting like the previous night. That was good. It meant we were in for a smooth night. New Politics hit the stage first. When I saw Pink back in January they opened up for her and they were fairly decent. They were just as good this time around. Lots of energy and the crowd surprisingly really got into their songs. In my experience at shows no one ever gets into the first act. I don't know any of their songs but they sounded good. They are coming back to Milwaukee in November on a tour that they are headlining so we are considering going to that one.

Next up was Paramore. I knew lots of people would be excited for them to come on the stage. Again, Paramore is not a band that I listened to a lot. I knew I would recognize some songs and I did. I have to say I was pretty impressed with their set. Crowd really got into it. The stage show was great. Hayley Williams, the lead vocalist, is a little all of energy. Jumping around the stage doing kickboxing moves, jumping around. Her hair was awesome too, she had it blue colored. I kinda regret not going to this show without learning more of their music. I probably would of gotten into it a bit more. Truth be told, I was there to see Fall Out Boy mainly but Paramore was impressive. Some may argue they were better then Fall Out Boy but I really think that all three bands were impressive and kept the crowd in there the entire time.

Fall Out Boy came out with blinding lights and tons of pyrotechnics. Their opener was the song "The Phoenix". I sorta knew the song before going to the show, now I definitely know of the song. Probably my most listened to song in the past few days. They played songs that I was familiar with such as "Dance, Dance" and "Sugar, We're Going Down". The crowd was really into the show the entire time. At one point to begin the drum solo they started playing "Raining Blood". Sadly I would of enjoyed this show more had my stomach agreed with me. Another point later in the set they did a bit of Queen's "We are the Champions", which brought a smile to my face cause I love Queen. Towards the end of the show they played the two songs back to back that I was looking forward to the most, "I Don't Care" and "My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark". Both songs totally got the crowd singing along and clapping along. During "My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark" they had a nice pyro set up going, which makes sense if you know the lyrics to the song, talking about fire and shit. They finished up with the songs "Thanks for the Memories" and "Saturday". I may not actually know a lot about Fall Out Boy other then the songs that I do actually know but I have to say they put on a great show. I am going to spend a bit more time listening to their music.

I can't complain, two good shows in two days. I had a lot of fun and despite my stomach issues during Saturday's concert I still had fun. I was also having headache issues before and after the Crue concert too that lasted into Saturday. Still did not put a damper on my weekend. I consider myself lucky. An observation though that I made this weekend. If you have read about some of the other concerts that I've been to like Maiden, Rush, Motley Crue, and a few others, I complained about the crowd just not getting into it. Then bands I've seen like Fall Out Boy, Evanescence, Pitbull, Pink, etc and the crowd was totally into it. I figured out why. The older bands have older people going to those shows, some of the people there listened to that shit in the 80s. They just kinda go there to hear the music whereas some of the bands I listed are not as old so the general age of people in the crowd is younger. Younger people are going to get more into the shows then older people. Just an observation that I made over the weekend.

In closing, I know I am blessed to be able to go to some of the shows that I do. I think I counted and I've been to 28 concerts now? Or maybe it was 29. See, I already lost count. I know people who have gone to way more then that though. I love live music though and I hope I can continue to go to shows in the future. This weekend was a pretty good memory so to all the bands I saw this weekend, thanks for the memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment