4/11/2014

The green ring

Weird dream the other night. I honestly don't remember anything about it except for this one part of the dream. For whatever reason I was sitting by this bar area in a fancy restaurant. I had done something to piss off the owner and my punishment was to go by the bar and drink. I don't see how that is punishment, hell I'll take a free drink right now! Anyways I am sitting at this table with a friend, I assume this person is a friend although I am unsure at this point as to whom the hell this person was. Anyways this cute waitress comes by and looks at my hand and says nice ring. I look at my hand and I am wearing this green colored ring. Also I have this tribal looking tattoo going down my arm. I tell her thanks and then I am thinking to myself in the dream how I have all of this stuff cause I don't have any of this. That is when I wake up.

I figured I'd take the time to look up some of this stuff that happened in the dream and incorporate it into my blog. First the meaning of a tattoo. To dream that you have tattoos represent your sense of individuality and the desire to stand out in a crowd. You want to be unique and different from everybody else, particularly if you do not have any tattoos in real life. Consider also what the tattoo is and what significance it has in your life. It may represent something that has left a lasting impression on you. Alternatively, to dream that you have a tattoo suggests that a waking situation or decision is having a much longer lasting effect that you had expected.

So lets look up the whole restaurant thing. To dream that you are in a restaurant suggests that you are feeling overwhelmed by decisions and choices that you need to make in your life. Alternatively, it indicates that you are seeking for emotional nourishment outside of your social support system.

Wow, well that one makes total sense to me right now. I've been feeling like that for the past few weeks.

Now the color green cause that color totally stood out on the ring. Green signifies a positive change, good health, growth, fertility, healing, hope, vigor, vitality, peace, and serenity. The appearance of the color may also be a way of telling you to "go ahead".  Alternatively, green is a metaphor for a lack of experience in some task. 

Most importantly the ring. To see or receive a ring in your dream symbolizes emotional wholeness, continuity, commitments and honor. If the ring is on your finger, then it signifies your commitment to a relationship or to a new endeavor. You are loyal to your ideals, responsibilities, or beliefs.

Interesting stuff. Can I determine a meaning behind what I saw in this dream? Analyzing a dream isn't an exact science. A lot of what we come up with is personal opinions. I've been analyzing my dreams for years though and when I piece things together I usually am right with a particular meaning. So I'll see what I can come up with here for myself.

Ok so the basis of the dream is I am feeling overwhelmed by decisions I need to make or changes I need to make in my life. I get punished for my actions in my dream and I think the reason why I'm being punished is because in my life I stall a lot with things I want to do or making changes and basically my mind is telling me to cut that shit out and get a move on with what it is that you want to do. I didn't include a definition for punishment and this is what it says, "to dream that you are punished signifies guilt or shame about your actions. You need to learn to forgive yourself. Are you punishing yourself?". See, makes total sense to me. Although the basis of the dream is me being overwhelmed by my own issues there are signs for hope. It is a desire of myself to stand out to people, to make a difference and get noticed. No I am not talking about being famous, I am more speaking along the lines of being someone who does something that is worthwhile whether it be writing, or music, or something else. I want to stand out and I want to be unique. That is where the tattoo comes into play in the dream.

Now the green ring. This is a sign of hope within all the emotions and all the other shit going on in my life. Basically what it comes down to is if I can get past my own bullshit, fear of changing or feeling overwhelmed, then life is going to end up being good for me. It also said in the definition that the appearance of the color could be a way of telling me to go ahead. Then looking at the part where it says if the ring is on your finger it signifies your commitment to a relationship or a new endeavor. Basically I am being given the green light to do whatever it is that I want. So like I said if I can overcome all the bullshit that I've been going through lately I will be good to go on whatever it is I want to do.

With all of that being said, change is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment