4/07/2014

Question things!

I've talked about WoW and I've talked about walking. What other things are going on in the life of Nick? Surely that can't be it? Can it? Of course not. I am Nick. I always have stuff to share.

On Saturday I went to see the movie Noah with my sister. I liked the movie. I thought it was a different take on the whole Noah story. A lot of people are bitching and complaining bout it cause it doesn't follow the bible directly and they swear Noah was not like that at all. I'd like to know how people actually know this? Were you around back in the day when all of this shit went down? I doubt it. I'm not saying stuff in the bible is false but I think people need to question things more instead of just reading something and accepting it for what it is. There is nothing wrong with questioning things. Just because it is written a certain way doesn't mean that it totally went down that way. How many times has the bible been rewritten over the years? How many different versions are there? I bet over the years the stories changed. People it is ok to question things. Anyways I thought the movie was good. If you are going to see it though go in there with an open mind and not with this attitude of "oh my God, that is not how it happened in the bible!". What the movie drove home for me was the fact that everyone has good and evil in them and we choose which path we go. Even good people who have the best intentions in their heart still find themselves doing things that are wrong and that is just how life goes.

One of my favorite shows is now off the air. How I Met Your Mother ended last week Monday after 9 seasons. Yes I watched every single episode. The last season I didn't really care for until the very end. It dragged on too much and the entire season was over a course of 3 days for Barney and Robin's wedding. Lots of people are upset with how the show ended. I am not one of those people. I saw that ending coming. Spoiler alert for whomever hasn't seen it yet. Ted ends up with Robin. I knew this was going to happen a long time ago. I use to get so pissed after some of the episodes where Robin would reject Ted. How could people not know that Ted and Robin were going to end up together? The whole series was about Ted's on and off love for Robin. Even the  day of Barney and Robin's wedding, Robin was looking for a way out of it to be with Ted and Ted refused. Robin and Barney's marriage was doomed from the beginning. So I don't get how people didn't know Ted and Robin would end up together. Yeah for 9 seasons they built up how Ted met the kid's mother and it is disappointing that she got little airtime and all of a sudden she is dead. Didn't y'all expect it though, maybe? I mean the dude has been narrating to his kids about what went on, did anyone not think that he was telling the story to his kids for a reason? Like the mother was already dead? I am not disappointed in the ending of the show. It ended how I felt like it should end. On a side note, maybe someday I will meet my Robin.

So I am turning 35 in a few weeks.Ah fuck. Maybe that is part of this depression funk that I've been in. I don't really have anything planned at the moment for my birthday. Just another day. No Nick, it is not just another day! It is your birthday! You must celebrate somehow! Ha. With who or what? I was thinking of going to the zoo for my birthday or around my birthday. Could be fun if the weather is decent. If I go on the weekend I can probably at least get my sister to go with. I don't want to go to the zoo alone! Otherwise my birthday will probably consist of me drinking way too much and playing WoW.

I started this book called Seventh Son a long time ago. I never did finish it but it really did catch my attention. As a fan of Iron Maiden, their album Seventh Son of a Seventh Son is based off of this book, which is why I started to read it in the first place. Interesting story but since I haven't read it in awhile and I never finished it, I may just restart the book. Sitting outside and enjoying the nice weather while reading a book sounds relaxing.

So that is what has been going on with me. I didn't cover everything of course. If I did then what would I have to blog about later? Oh Nick I am sure you would come up with something anyways. After all you are Nick and despite your quiet and shy nature you always have a ton to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment