1/08/2014

Closing and opening doors

When one door closes another one opens. I think this holds true for me over the years. Sometimes when you are going through a lot of crap you tend not to look on the bright side of things. Something tragic happens and it is immediately the end of the world. It doesn't have to be like that at all. Adapt, accept, and move on. Its the moving on part that has tormented me most of my life. I've gotten better over the last few years though.

You can use the door opening and closing things on relationships which is going to the majority of my writing. Ever since my divorce I have this problem. The problem I have is I find myself developing crushes more or falling for someone like super quick. While this is most likely perfectly normal, it does tend to get irritating when something might not pane out. I mean when I was in a relationship you kinda have to shut down any possible feelings that may develop for another person but now since I am single things can just happen. If something doesn't pan out then it leads to disappoint and frustration which is what I have been feeling for awhile. Despite being frustrated and disappointed I've managed to keep a positive outlook on things.

I am actually pretty lonely. Around the holidays it bothered me quite a bit. Stumbled into a bit of a depression. I make the most of it though and try not to let it totally bring me down. I already know why I am still single. I doesn't need to be told to me why am I. I already know what steps I have to take to get out of the rut. Believe me when I say I am going to do a lot this year in particular to get out of that rut. There are advantages to being single of course but I think what I miss the most is companionship and having someone there that you can talk to or listen to.

This is not really meant to be a depressing story or whining about being single cause it is not. Just stuff that is on my mind really. In recent months there have been a couple of females that I was sorta interested in. Given my current situation though I kinda didn't pursue it all too much. One of the females is no longer available at all. Not really too bummed about that one. Hey it happens. Since then though another female appeared that I guess you can say I am interested in. I'm just at the point where I'm going to see if maybe one day it can go somewhere. If it does then great and if not well hey I said it right at the beginning of the blog. When one door closes another one opens. I may of had many doors close on me but that doesn't mean I haven't had any open. A door will always open when one closes.

No comments:

Post a Comment