6/17/2013

Vacation, WoW, and Sabbath

It has been awhile hasn't it? Sometimes when I don't write for awhile it seems like an eternity. I am going to try to change that this week. Sometimes in order for me to write I have to be "in the zone" and I hadn't really felt that way recently. At least for today I do so here is an update on life.

First of all my vacation with my father kinda got rained out a bit. I mean it actually wasn't a big deal to me. I was happy to get away. My father is limited into what he can do so walking around a lot is out of the question so really we didn't do much at all. Again though I was perfectly content with sitting in the lounge area watching tv. We are trying to get more people to go with us for next time. It would be nice to get family together and go on a vacation. Might be a bit chaotic but whatever. The drive back home was a bit annoying. Funny thing is that as soon as we got to the Dells it was cloudy and then rainy and when the rain stopped it was still cloudy but by the time we were leaving the sun was out and there was really no clouds in the sky. We decided to take the long way home which meant instead of what should of been a two hour drive we took an alternative route that pushed it to three hours. It was ok. Got to see a lot of farm land, trees, and a whole lot of nothing until we got to Milwaukee and we were stuck in a traffic jam. You can tell when you are in Milwaukee due to the fact that there is a lot of traffic. Anyways it was good to get away.

While I was on vacation Blizzard decided to make transfers of characters 50% off. Now there is a little bit of a back story that I have to get into. I had been with the same guild for the past three years and my time on WoW was kinda fading a bit. Not that I wasn't interested in the game just you know there are far more important things then a video game. Back in December this facebook page that I had liked called "hot girls that play wow" decided to make a guild on the server Thrall. Yes I know what people are thinking. Hot girls that play WoW? What the hell Nick. Anyways so I made a character over there and I was leaning towards moving to that server permanently. I was torn about it cause I did not want to leave the current guild I was in. Maybe I didn't always agree with some of the things going on or whatever but generally they are good people. Instead of making a rash decision I quit the game for a few months. I came back and a little bit after that they decided they wanted to move off Velen. Knowing that I had some connections on the server Thrall I pitched for them to go there. They wanted to go to highly populated server. Thrall has a decent population but not as big as Mal'ganis. So they went there. I was unsure what I wanted to do. I moved to Mal'ganis with them. It was a mistake. I did not want to be on that server. Granted nothing wrong with the server besides a ton of people whom think they are better then everyone else but yeah didn't feel like it was for me which I am not going to get into a whole long discussion why. So anyways while on vacation I gave it some thought and decided it was just time for a change so when I got home on that Friday I decided to move to Thrall. I am not going to say it is the perfect guild for me because nothing is ever perfect but it is a good fit. I should of made the move sooner but it is ok. It is done now and I am happy I made the move.

Last week was Black Sabbath week for me. Their first studio album with Ozzy as lead singer since 1978 came out. I didn't really know what to expect but seeing as how Sabbath is like my favorite band I knew I was going to listen to the album regardless. I kept reading from people that without Bill Ward Sabbath is no longer Sabbath. Think I ranted about that in a blog months back. I didn't personally care if he was drumming or not. Ok so anyways their new album 13 I have listened to three times through already. I am rather happy with the outcome. I feel like some of their songs could of been shorter but some of older Sabbath songs push the seven minute mark if not longer so that doesn't bother me. Ozzy in his old age still can sing decently. I never thought he was an amazing singer. The amazing part about him is you understand his singing better then his talking. Maybe he should just sing instead of trying to talk? The studio drummer Brad Wilk from Rage Against the Machine fills in rather well for Bill Ward. No complaints about the drums at all. Geezer Butler in some songs seems like his bass is turned up too loud but him and Wilk make a pretty good combo. Tony Iommi, what more can be said about his guitar playing then what has been said already? My favorite guitarist and a master of riffs. I think ultimately that is why I am a big Sabbath fan. His riffs are addicting. Once again he pulls off some amazing guitar pieces on the album 13. Song wise there isn't really a song that stands out but that is not a bad thing as there is no song on the album that I do not like. I would rather have an album of consistency then an album with one hit and the rest of the songs are shit. I am just happy to have my favorite band back making new songs. For any metal fan out there I recommend picking up or listening to 13. The godfathers of metal are back.

That is all for today. I turned on the new Sabbath album to help me finish off the blog. Until next time take care and if you know what is good for you listen to the new Sabbath album!

No comments:

Post a Comment