5/31/2013

Injustice

I've been meaning to write a blog about my friend Mary and I haven't so I am going to take the time to write a few of my feelings about a current situation that she is in. Me and Mary have been friends for about 12 years. Yeah it has been an online friendship but over the years and especially within the last year we have spent a lot of time talking to each other, telling each other things we don't tell other people, hanging out playing games together, and generally poking fun at the rest of the world. Some of the things she says is off the wall and I think it is mainly just for the shock factor. Sorta similar to what I do at times. Anyways this current situation she is in has left me a bit unsettled. I will explain.

Mary has been with her current husband for 8 years, married for a few years. Things seemed to be ok until recently. She had found out that he was/is/has been cheating on her. Of course from the sounds of it, it seems like he is blaming her for all of it. Typical. People don't like to take responsibility for their own actions so they decide to place blame on the other person. He despite his verbal abuse wanted to work things out or whatever and she just decided that she wanted to be done with it. Which I understand. I mean if she wasn't getting verbally abused then yeah maybe you can work it out but you know it doesn't guarantee things would work out if there was no abuse going on.

What I didn't know is that there was more then just verbal abuse going on. He was also beating her. There is a picture on her mom's facebook of her having a cut right by her eye. According to her mom's facebook he was detained and then released for domestic violence. This is the first fail in this entire situation. He had hit her and he was released.

2 weeks ago while on voice chat I could hear her husband in the background in his drunken state constantly bothering Mary and yelling at Mary. There was one point before the voice chat where on facebook he was accusing Mary of being a whore and sleeping with all of her internet friends which included me. He had apparently even said to her that he was going to kill all of her friends and then kill her. Great guy right? Oh it gets better.

I had feared something was going to happen to her as I observed what was going on in the house while listening to it over voice chat well on the night of May 16th my worries were confirmed. Mary's therapist had called and he was yelling at her while on the phone and her therapist was about to call the cops on him. Mary convinced her not to but her therapist said if she calls back and he is still yelling at her that she would call the cops. So Mary was trying to tell him to stay away from her or he is going to end up going to jail. He would listen at first but then try to convince her that she needed to talk to him and she kept telling him that she did not want to talk to him. He kept insisting and finally he started screaming and yelling like he normally does but this time he gets on the voice chat and said something like "I hope I am amusing you all since I am so fucking funny". Then Mary gets disconnected from steam.

Hours pass and Mary comes back online and she tells me that he is sitting in jail. He was arrested because he had attempted to kill her. When he picked up the mic to talk on voice chat he apparently had punched her in the stomach and then proceeded to try to strangle her to death. She attempted to defend herself by grabbing a knife and attempted to stab him to get him away. There are no cuts or whatnot that happened to him. Yes I have to mention that cause it does come into play later on. Mary was really shaken at what had happened and well she was intending on moving back to Florida to be with her family but due to her wanting to take care of a few things before leaving she was sticking around in Colorado. I thought that maybe this would be a sign of a good turn of events to get her out of there and away from him. I did not expect what was about to happen.

Mary for the past 2 weeks has been sitting in jail. That is right, the cops came back and arrested her. She is facing 3 felony charges and a misdemeanor. The major charge though is a 2nd degree attempted murder charge. Yes somehow her drunken asshole husband managed to convince them that she had provoked him so they came back and arrested her and now she is facing serious charges. The main thing that I have not mentioned until now is that he is in the military. I don't want to say that they are giving him special treatment cause he is military and they need him so they can ship it out to afghan but after everything that I have mentioned it certainly does seem like he is getting special treatment cause of his positioning. Mary in the worst case scenario could face at least 10 years in prison. Supposedly she might enter in a plea bargain or something and the jail time might get eliminated.

Up until now I have been kinda quiet about how I feel about this whole thing. I realize that there are two sides to every story but in my opinion as soon as a man lays his hands on a woman and beats her ass and tries to strangle her to death he is no longer a man. He is a spineless worthless piece of shit. I don't care to hear his side of the story. As a man you never lay your hands on a woman in any situation. As far as I am concerned this son of a bitch has no rights whatsoever for what he has done to my friend. First he cheats on her then he verbally abuses her then goes to physical abuse and then tries to strangle her to death and she is the one sitting in jail. Are you fucking kidding me? What the fuck is wrong with this scenario? What I get out of this entire thing is if someone is beating you or trying to kill you the best solution is that you just let them kill you cause the moment you defend yourself you put yourself at risk for getting in trouble. This whole thing just really makes me sick. My faith in humanity has taken a major hit in recent weeks just because of this. Should I be afraid that if for some reason I get jumped or something and I go to defend myself I might get in trouble for it? That is bullshit. Remember what I had said about there were no cuts or anything on him? How the hell do they get this she is charged with attempted 2nd degree murder bullshit? Absolutely fucking ridiculous. Her husband's name is James. James a specific message just for you and it is quite simple, karma is a bitch.

Until this all gets resolved I will continue to show support for my friend Mary. Like I said at the beginning of my blog she may be off the wall with things she says and whatnot but I know that the shit she is being charged with and could face jail time for is absolutely ridiculous. I know that in the end this will work out in her favor but for her to go through this shit is terrible. You are in my thoughts and prayers Mary.

No comments:

Post a Comment