4/25/2013

34

Another birthday comes and goes. Well I suppose I still have five more hours left to add to the awesomeness that is my birthday. Every birthday I take some time to reflect on the happenings of the past year of my life. The good, the bad, the ugly, and the amusing that is my life.

The past year has brought about many positive things. Yeah I am not totally where I want to be but the important thing is that I feel like I am a much happier person then I have been in years. That is very important to me. I am a more positive person then I was. I have to be. In general I think we should all strive to be a positive person. Reality is life is going to kick us down and it can relentless when we attempt to pick ourselves back up again but the point is no matter how hard or how often you get kicked down you get right back up again and keep on living. Am I a positive person all the time? I think people can strive to be one 24/7 but reality is it is very hard to be one all the time. I get sucked up in my own negativity from time to time but then I stop myself and put the pieces together of what may be positive. After years of negativity I finally realized that it gets you absolutely no where.

Other then being more positive there are some other things that I have done in the past year. I started playing guitar more and learning more about it. I've gotten fairly ok at guitar. I have learned more stuff in the past 11 months then I have in the 18 years before that. I enjoy guitar. I have fun with it. A big one is that I am writing more. It is evident by me writing blogs more frequently. I got my drivers license. This was a huge step in the right direction. I've been exercising more and I have lost some weight. I really need to step up on my diet but exercise wise I have been doing fairly good. Also rediscovered my love for live music by going to more concerts. Always good to go out and have fun. I do have 4 upcoming concerts. I also ended a jobless streak. Yeah I am lacking in the job department right now but I will change that.

In order to achieve greatness you have to endure some pain. I tell myself this all the time. I dealt with me being pretty sick over the summer and then making adjustments being on medication cause they fear I am pre-diabetic. I could of given up right then and there when I was told I was a step away from diabetes but I did not and I refuse to become a full fledged diabetic. No I will not do it. I am determined to win. There is no lose option when it comes to this. Then my father with his congestive heart failure stuff and the uncertainty that is there. I try not to think about it that one day he will no longer be here with us but it is eventually going to happen. No I am not trying to be a downer on my birthday, I am just stating reality. I don't dwell on it. I think about it from time to time but I don't dwell on it. His condition has gotten better though so that is encouraging and it takes a lot off my mind. Regardless of whatever happens in any given situation you learn to adapt. If you can't adapt you fail. Failure however is not the final solution for me.

 Today was a good day. It got warmer then what they said it would and we are going to be on a nice warmup in the following days. Got all kinds of facebook love from people wishing me happy birthday and whatnot. I then decided to go to the movies and I saw the Wizard of Oz prequel Oz. I don't even remember the Wizard of Oz to be honest. It had been forever since I saw that movie. I liked the movie quite a bit actually. It makes me want to watch the original movie. I was also the only person in the theater. Then after that me and my father went to Perkins for dinner. I ate way too much food and I am regretting it now as I am still full but whatever. On Saturday I am going to make stuffed shells and I invited the family over for dinner. I used my birthday as an excuse to make dinner for people for my birthday. Overall though things are good and today was a good day.

 I am going to start wrapping this blog up now. What is the important thing for me in the next year? It comes down to one word. Maintain. Maintaining what I have been doing and keep on doing it is important. As long as I can maintain things I am doing I should be happy and able to do whatever it is that I want. Yeah I hope to have a few different new things happen to me in the next year but it is important that I maintain what I have accomplished and not destroy any progress that I have made. Maintain! Maintain! Maintain!


No comments:

Post a Comment