3/22/2013

O Children

Yes I am still alive. It has been a few days since I last wrote. I've been wanting to sit down and write but I just haven't I guess really felt like it. But here I am now and this is the happening of the last few days.

Really nothing all too interesting has been going on. I mean that is a good thing though right? Weather is still crappy but it was decent enough today for me to go out for a walk. It was in the 30s but that was good enough for me to take some time to go outside for a walk. Was rather nice. The beginning of this week the weather was really blah. First day of spring and we had temps barely making it to 20 and wind chills of 1 or below 0. Awesome stuff. I keep telling myself though that I do live in Wisconsin and the weather here is pretty whacky.

I may be going to another concert. A concert that I don't think people would associate me going to. I mean I have seen some bands such as Metallica, Sabbath, Korn, Manson, Pantera, Iron Maiden, etc but this one does not fit in there with any of them. My sister asked me if I wanted to go see Pink. Sure, why not? I know a few of her songs and I like them. Could be interesting. There is no law that says I have to stick to a certain type of music and I should only go to certain live shows. I listen to whatever I want and go see whomever I want! Yeah it is a bit out of the norm for me but I am ok with that. What can I say? I love live music.

On Tuesday I was listening to music and the Nick Cave song "O Children" came on. I love that song and it always gets to me. I was listening to it and I said to myself I should be able to play this song on guitar. I looked it up online, I had looked it up awhile back and that was before I was "halfway decent" at guitar and I was just confused by the chords. This time though I wrote down the chords and I memorized the pattern and I taught myself how to play the song. Of course days later and I can't stop playing it. I've been actually considering recording myself playing and singing it as sort of a cover song. Which would be a big step for me. I am not sure I am too comfortable with the singing part though. I suppose I am willing to try something different.

So I have been playing a lot of guitar and I can actually say that I am getting better. I am not a great guitarist by any means but I am not as terrible as I always thought I was. I am improving. I still need to work on it and practice a lot but just in the past 10 months I have learned more then I did in the previous 18 years of me playing guitar. I wonder what it would be like to go back to my old guitar teacher. All I ever cared about back then was just trying to learn songs but now I just want to learn as much as I can about everything. I love playing guitar and I love music so I may as well make the most of out one of my favorite hobbies, right?

It also got me thinking more about getting a band together or hell at this point learning simple songs on guitar and finding someone to sing while I play the guitar parts. People do stuff like that all the time so why shouldn't I try it? I am realistic about the whole band/making music thing. The chances of me making a career out of it or whatever are slim. I wouldn't be doing it to make a lot of money or be famous. I just want to play music and I want to have fun and meeting other people with similar interests would be awesome. We'll see what happens. I as always have ideas. I am always full of ideas. I just need to apply them more.

Don't be surprised if in the future I put out more videos of me playing guitar or playing along to Rocksmith. Whatever happens though I will never abandon my writing or this blog. You all are stuck with me. That is all for now.

3 comments:

  1. Nothing wrong with Pink. She's one badass bitch! Also, I agree that there's nothing wrong with liking different types of music. Key word being music, none of this "nah nah, baby yeah" *repeat 10x and call it a chorus*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep that is exactly how I feel about music now. I don't like all these categories and whatnot. Music to me is music regardless of what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well unless you are talking about Rebecca Black or Justin Bieber, oh and the Call Me Maybe song

    ReplyDelete