3/18/2013

Are you peeing on yourself?

Just sat down by my laptop to a nice cup of some hot chocolate. I was just outside for the past I dunno 30 minutes in the dark shoveling snow. Yeah I could of went out there earlier but I wanted to make sure that the snow had stopped before going out there. Thankfully it was not a lot of snow just enough to be a minor inconvenience. That is what this winter has become basically, an inconvenience. Spring is in two days and we are suppose to have wind chills close to -15. To think last March around this time temps were in the 60s and 70s. What a difference a year makes that is for sure.

Speaking of which, it has been a year since things have started to change for me. I will not get into the details about what had happened. I never did say anything about the situation and for now at least I will keep it like that. Let me just say that my eyes were opened to a lot of things that were going on in my life. Not just what people were doing to me but what I was doing to myself. I cut some things out of my life and honestly it was one of the best decisions that I ever made. I am not perfect by any means and I still have a long way to go to get to where I want to be but the main difference between me now then me a year ago is that I am more confident that things are going to turn out great. One of the biggest things I am proud of is me cutting out negativity in my life. Negativity kept me down in the dumps for a very long time and it got me nowhere. Once I eliminated as much of the negativity as I could I have found out that I do in fact enjoy life and I think I love myself a little more then I use to. Yeah I have my moments of negativity but I try not to dwell. Accept stuff and move on.

I hear the phrase "I need to find myself" and I really don't believe in that phrase at all anymore. What are you finding exactly? Who you are? What you like to do? I prefer the term reinventing yourself. You are who you are but you can change things. Along the way you discover new things about yourself and you mold yourself into the person you want to become. It isn't finding yourself, it is inventing yourself. That is how I look at it at least.

Been a boring last few days. Same old stuff. Although I intend on throwing in a few kinks to the routine this week and I hope that it pays off in the end.

Oh yeah my walking was short lived thanks to this weather. At least I got out to enjoy walking for a couple of days before winter decided it wanted to hang on to the grip that it has over Wisconsin. I just have this feeling we are going to end up going from winter like temps to summer like temps. Wouldn't be the first time.

Now why did I name my blog the way I did? Earlier today I decided to lay on my couch for a few minutes and my cat Ozzy decided to jump up on me and join me. So I started petting him and I noticed his fur was all wet. The first thing out of my mouth was "are you peeing on yourself?". No idea why that was the first thing that popped in my head but it did and I said it. Immediately I was like why the hell did I say that for followed by a couple of minutes of laughter. Easily amused, what can I say? At least I can amuse myself.

Alright that is all for now. What to do for the rest of the night? I am thinking some Rocksmith for a bit sounds good.

No comments:

Post a Comment