4/30/2012

April showers bring May flowers

It is a Monday night and it is the last day of April. April has definitely been an interesting month for me. I am looking forward to May. Weather should finally be warming up. First day of May begins with a new Marilyn Manson album coming out. I am listening to it online as I type out this blog. First impression? Sounds like a Manson album. Which is a good thing. I've always liked Manson though regardless of what he has put out there. Not very hard to impress me with music though. I am pretty open and will listen to just about anything now a days.

For my birthday I decided to treat myself to some Xbox 360 games. Old vintage games though which include the original Contra from nintendo, Castlevania: Symphony of the night, Pac-Man, Tetris, Mortal Kombat series which includes the first 3 games that were on Nintendo, and GTA San Andreas. I prefer the older games, can't help it. Playing the hell out of Castlevania. I absolutely love that series. I've only ever beaten two of the games in that series though. SOTN and Simon's Quest. I hadn't played SOTN and I ended up remembering all the secrets and I beat the game again already. One thing driving me nuts though is the fact there is an achievement for 200.6 perc exploration of the map and I am sitting at 198.3 and I have no idea what I am missing. I am starting to think I am preferring console games more then computer games now. Which is good. Get me away from the computer!

Today and well part of yesterday has been a music day for me. I mean right now for example I am listening to the new Manson but yesterday I was listening to stuff I had never heard before. The band Halestorm for example. They totally rock. I had never really listened to their albums all the way through. Then there is the band The Pretty Reckless. I saw them when they opened up for Evanescence in October. I thought they were pretty good but it wasn't until recently that I really started listening to them. Today I listened to Buckethead. I knew of him and I heard him play before on you tube but I never sat back and really paid attention to the music until today. Good stuff there too. I went crazy adding music to my spotify playlist. Some people put music into separate categories, not me. If I like it I will just add it to one list. The list is nearing 3000 songs on spotify. There are some bands/songs that are not on spotify though so that list would be even more. Can't find bands such as Zeppelin or Floyd on there. Really disappointing but otherwise a good program.

Little bit of a confession out of me. It is National Honesty Day supposedly so here I go. I use to bash boy bands. I could not stand them. Thought they sucked. Blah blah blah. Well add that type of music to the list of stuff I like. Like I said my musical taste has expanded quite a bit and I literally can listen to anything. Funny earlier I had my spotify going and in you had Anthrax, Slayer, Maiden and then in the middle of all of it was George Michael. So yeah if you look at my list today you would see boy bands in the mix of stuff. This is not a bad thing. I mean anyone can look at my list of music and find something they like. The days of me just being a pure rocker/headbanger are over. I still prefer that music and you would see me at a hard rock/metal concert before you would see me at like a Britney concert. Then again I don't need to justify my musical tastes to anyone. Music is music to me.

So as I said I am looking forward to May. April was a good month, eye opening for sure. I am going to a few concerts in May. The weather is going to be warming up this week which makes me super happy. Plus I have some other things on my agenda which I won't mention now. It is good to keep some things to myself until the time is right to share with the world. A horoscope not too long ago told me that I should keep some of my plan to myself. I am totally following the advice of that horoscope. It is said that April showers bring May flowers. Lets see how true this is.

No comments:

Post a Comment