8/18/2011

A new hope

I am going to come right out with the biggest news that I have had in awhile. I am gay! Ok, I am kidding. I am not gay. I had a job interview on Tuesday! The first job interview I have had in such a long time. It was at the new Piggly Wiggly that is opening up soon. Like almost 2 weeks ago I finally decided I should make a resume and I sent it in. I was starting to wonder if there was any hope left that I would actually come close to getting a job. It is extremely frustrating time and time again filling out applications and whatnot and getting absolutely nowhere. On Monday things changed. I got a phone call from the owner of the store. He wanted me to come in for an introductory interview. So on Tuesday I did. In my opinion it went rather well. I will know within a few weeks if I get a call back for a second interview. Just going to one interview though was the confidence boost that I needed. I am pretty sure now that my streak of not working is definitely nearing an end. Nick should be joining the working world again very soon. Let me go on record saying that this has been long overdue.

We drove to Illinois today with my aunt. It was nice to take a short road trip. It was also the first time that I left the state since Oct of 08. Ok so maybe we did not go very far out of state, like just over the border but still that counts for something...right? I really do enjoy traveling and seeing other places then the inside of my house. We went out for lunch too. I ate way too much food. I had barbecue ribs and chicken. Was really good and rather messing.

Which brings me to the next topic. My "diet" and exercising. I am still not on a full fledged diet. I am in a decent exercise routine though. Which is good. At least I am getting one thing right. I've really improved with riding the exercise bike too. Last time I was on the exercise kick I use to do maybe 1.8-1.9 miles within a 10 minute span. Now I am averaging usually around 2.3 or like yesterday was a 2.4. I don't know if it is cause maybe I have more energy or I am more motivated. Whatever it is I hope I can just keep it up.

So I am officially going to the Evanescence concert. I am excited about that. So what if I am going by myself. I would rather go and see them instead of not seeing them cause I have no one to go with. Who knows maybe between now and October 21st I will find someone to go with. Either way I am excited to not only see them in concert but go to a concert. It has been a very long time.

I didn't want to write a terribly long blog tonight. I knew I hadn't written for awhile and I wanted to write. I also thought about going to bed. I picked writing over sleeping. It is really great to have this new found confidence all of a sudden. I feel like I can take on just about anything at the moment and walk away with my head held high. I am sure my job situation is going to turn around and that is a huge thing. I can finally get that monkey off my back. Prove not only some people wrong but maybe ease some of my lingering doubts that I have had for awhile now. I have a new found hope that not only things are going to be fine but they are going to be great. I will not let anyone take that feeling away from me.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you Nick. Good things are happening for you. This is how it should be. You deserve it. <3

    P.S You forgot to tell everyone you started playing your guitar again. Rock on :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Crap, you are right. I did forget to mention that. Ah well, I can always mention it in another blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am essited and being in the same unemployed boat I share your frustrations Nick. All this week I have wanted to take a battle axe to my puter, and Craigs list. Keeping my Fingers Crossed For Ya Ninja!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annnnnnnnnnnnnd It's Piggly Wiggly!! Fuck Yeah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Asian. Wish you luck in your search.

    ReplyDelete