8/20/2011

A long time ago

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away...oh wait, isn't this the beginning to all of the Star Wars movies? My bad. Well hey since I started off with a Star Wars thing may as well talk about that at first. A few years back I was playing the mmo Star Wars Galaxies. Game was good at first but then went on a massive decline. Eventually I moved over to WoW. It was announced a few years ago that they were going to work on a new Star Wars mmo called Knights of the Old Republic. It is a popular video game series taking place way before the events of Vader and whatnot. I've been interested in playing it since it was first talked about. Well the time is coming closer for it to get release so they started taking pre-orders for it so today against my better judgment of just waiting for a bit I decided to pre-order. I have quite a few friends who will be playing the game so it should be fun. Plus it is Star Wars, it will be fun.

I forgot to mention in my last blog that I started playing guitar again. I first started playing guitar in high school. At one point I had 4 guitars. I quit for awhile though due to well let's put it this way, me making dumb ass decisions. I sold all my guitars and my amp. Then I got back into playing again but it was not the same. At one point I was playing quite a bit and I was even taking guitar lessons. I miss my guitar teacher. His name was Glenn. Good guy. Easy to talk to. I should of probably tried more to learn certain aspects of guitar but I am impatient and if I can't pick up on something right away I give up easy. Yes I am a quitter.

Anyways I've had this really nice guitar and amp just sitting there collecting dust. I started watching online videos about playing guitar and I thought to myself well I think I have been playing guitar wrong for the past 16 years. So I decided to pick up my guitar and change my technique a bit and be a little more patient with what I'm trying to do. So far the result is I have played probably at least an hour a day for the past week. I have noticed improvement in a few things and I am able to play things that I have never been able to do in 16 years. I kinda like to think of it as me reteaching myself and reprogramming myself. I may not be the next Jimi Hendrix or something but I like that I am making progression and I am starting to stick to it. I have it programmed in my head to exercise everyday and at least play guitar for a bit everyday. A good step in the right direction if you ask me.

That is pretty much all for now. It has been exercising, playing guitar, and waiting to hear about this job. Soon I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment