7/01/2011

The MEH

I will annoy someone with this blog, I just know it. Some of my friends do not like the word MEH. It is such a great word though. When you say it to someone it is neither saying yes or no. Isn't it fun to just keep a person guessing? I don't know about you guys but I love giving people a difficult time. I like to see how far I can go before triggering a reaction. I know it can be an annoying quality but who said I wasn't annoying?

So it is now July. This is when summer really begins. The weather gets warmer and then it has to get stupidly humid too. I don't mind the warmth so much it is the humidity that annoys me. I try telling people that the humidity in Wisconsin gets much worse then it does in Florida. People don't understand how I can say that though. In Florida you just get use to it but here ugh. At least the house is nice and comfortable and the air conditioner in my room is ftw.

I must rant about something though. I hate going grocery shopping with my father. It has nothing to do with my father though. It is the place we go to. Pick'N'Save sucks. Most of the people working there seem to be ok but the one thing that irks the heck out of me is trying to checkout in that place. They are suppose to have full service baggers there. They never use them to bag though. They are off doing other random bullshit while people are waiting in line for upwards of 20 minutes waiting to check out. Hell it takes longer to checkout then it does to shop. When I worked at Publix sure they gave baggers other jobs to do but their main job was to stay up there and bag and if they weren't up in front one of the managers or whatever would get off their ass and actually call them up to the front. The main priority was to help the people out so they can get in checkout and get out as quickly as possible. Waiting 20 minutes in a grocery checkout line is pretty stupid. Either hire more baggers or stop having them run around the store doing god knows what and actually do what they should be doing. No one should wait 20 minutes in a grocery checkout line.

4th of July is in a few days. I use to love the holiday. Would wake up in the morning to go to the local park to watch the parade. One time I remember walking around the block with a flag pretending we were having a parade. We always had cookouts and of course there was the fireworks. My father use to work in this water tower like a mile away. We use to go there to watch fireworks. If you went inside the building and up a few floors you could see most fireworks around the city. It was so much fun. I guess as I got older fireworks got more boring and the 4th was just not the same anymore. Although me and my father are going to somewhat celebrate it by having a cookout. Cooking up brats, hot dogs, steak, ribs, hamburgers, and some chicken. A lot of food for just two people but that is ok.

Again before I end this blog I have to emphasize how much I love the word MEH. If people get irritated when I say it, it only makes me want to say it more and more. Just a word of warning to my friends. Back in the days at Publix me and my friend Anthony had a system for the word MEH and EH. If the day was kinda shitty it would be a MEH day. If the day was alright or had potential then we would use EH. We also used EH if a hot chick would come walking into our aisle. Anyways until next time all that is left to say is...MEH!

4 comments:

  1. HAHA if you didnt like it, why read the whole thing? Your intelligence is MEH.

    ReplyDelete