12/24/2010

Happy Holidays from The Nick

It is Christmas Eve and it has been awhile since I have written anything so I figured that it would be a good time for an update. First off I hope everyone has a safe and happy holidays. We were suppose to get some snow tonight but it hasn't started yet. I honestly don't care if I have to clean up some snow tomorrow, I would love to have some snowfall for Christmas. We do however have snow on the ground so it will be a white Christmas.

Today I helped my father bake two cakes for tomorrow's family get together. Then we made a third cake just for us. It was one of those non bake jello cakes. Turned out not too bad. I liked it at least. Then we watched Inception finally. Great movie. Really was a lot of stuff going on. It was good though. Then I made chicken fettuccine alfredo chicken helper for dinner. It turned out really well. Overall was a pretty descent night. I am looking forward to spending some time with family tomorrow for Christmas. Always nice to be around family, even if I don't say a whole hell of a lot.

Was thinking of past Christmases earlier. When I was a kid it was always about getting presents. I use to wake up at like 5 in the morning and want to start opening up gifts. I remember when I got Nintendo for Christmas. That was a big deal and I know I spent the rest of the day and the night in front of that damn TV playing Nintendo. Of course I kinda knew before hand that I was getting a Nintendo cause I use to find my gifts and rip off little parts of the corners to see if I could tell what it was. I know...bad Nick! Now a days it isn't so much about receiving gifts it is pretty much about spending time with family, being thankful for what you have, and maybe giving someone else something to let them know you are thinking of them. That I suppose is my one regret. I can't necessarily give back to people who have given stuff to me. Hopefully this will change in the future.

A few reasons why I haven't been writing all too much lately. One is I have had a case of writer's block, again. Of course the other being I've been busy with WoW since the expansion came out earlier this month. Am I having fun in the game? Somewhat. The whole idea of regearing a character and learning how to play again after doing this for nearly 5 years now is a bit annoying. Doesn't mean I am going to stop playing though. It is a bit overwhelming at times cause it seems like trying to become good at what you do in WoW you need to spend countless hours farming and whatnot and it makes you think "gee don't I have something in real life I could be doing instead?". DC Universe online comes out soon. That game is pretty descent to play. I dunno though, we'll see.

I shall end it there. Maybe I will be back before the new year. Hope everyone enjoys the holidays and remains safe. Take care.

1 comment:

  1. christmas<3 jingle bells, jingle bell, ingle bell rock! ^_^
    Only thing I like about christmas is the non-stop music that happens on the radio<3

    ReplyDelete