10/31/2010

This is Halloween

Happy Halloween everyone. Been somewhat a disappointment this year but that is ok. I actually feel like I am in the halloween spirit this year, I just wish I had something to actually do this year though like a party or something. Oh well. I had picked up a Jason mask in hopes of me handing out candy but Milwaukee has retarded trick or treat times. The city times this year were 1-4 today, which is fine since it is Halloween. So 1:00 rolls around I see nothing. 25 minutes pass and still nothing. Then I looked up the times for trick or treating around the area. Where I live is in the city but near Bay View and St.Francis. Well Bay View had their times last night 5-8 and St.Francis is 2-5 today. So apparently we aren't in the city or people just weren't going out? My father then remembered at least seeing one person walking around last night. The end result is we had no one come to our door. It is disappointing. I was looking forward to handing out candy and seeing kid's costumes. Maybe it would just be easier for Milwaukee to have one specific time instead of all these places doing different times. Makes sense to me, but what do I know?

I still enjoy this holiday a lot. It is my favorite holiday of the year though I am sure I mentioned this in a previous blog. I don't remember everything I write so yeah bear with me. There are things we do that we take for granted. I stopped trick or treating as a kid when I was 9, which was 1988. I don't remember if it was cause I stopped wanting to go or people stopped wanting to take me. I was way too shy of a kid to go on my own, well I am still way too shy. It is very often that I wish I could turn back time or go back in time and do things differently. I have a firm belief that if you go back and change one thing then it would throw everything off course. I wish I could go back to experience Halloween as a little kid again and go out trick or treating and have fun. Maybe I just need to go out and make my own fun sometime again. Just cause I am older doesn't mean I can't enjoy something right? God I make myself sound like I am in my 70s at time. You are only 31 Nick!

Thinking back to my blog a few months ago about my paranormal experiences, man do I have stories I could share with people and possibly scare them. I didn't really think about that until I was on vent with one of my friends last night and I was telling her some of my ghost stories. It was freaking her out. Of course it begun to freak me out a bit myself. Remembering things that had happened and thanks to my overactive imagination. I didn't think I would get to sleep last night. I did though, and I slept decently too. I do miss going out ghost hunting though and experiencing things like that. It has been way too long. Of course this isn't the first time I have said this. Something I need to get back into someday.

I am going to end this blog with the Marilyn Manson version of "This is Halloween" from The Nightmare before Christmas movie. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I fucking loove halloweeen!! It's my favorite time of year, and I love the movie and nightmare before xmas..and this version of the song<333

    ReplyDelete